To Whom it May Concern,
I would first like to thank you for visiting The Bullpen. Although it might not seem like it, there is a lot of work involved in pushing this type of content out to you. Seeing our pageviews rise every week is thus really rewarding. It means that people like what we’re doing. Which means a lot to me and the rest of our contributors.
Over the next three weeks we will be working towards improving The Bullpen as much as possible. In the meantime, there will be no new content. It may be easy to think of this as a summer break for the staff here, but in reality we’ll probably be working twice as hard. This “content hiatus” gives us a bit of breathing room to do the following much needed things:
1. Move the site to a different host. WordPress has been a great platform to start out on, but there are several negatives about it. The biggest one being the amount of influence we have over the design. The second biggest being that WordPress makes money off of our site by posting google ads on it. By moving The Bullpen to a third-party host (and thus paying for it), we can eventually put our own ads up and make our own coin off of our work. We are also completely free to design the site however we wish.
2. Stockpile deliciously good content. It’s difficult to continuously produce content by the seat of your pants. Not saying that the content we do have up isn’t good, but it could always be better. Taking a three week breather from promoting and posting will give us time to focus on stockpiling better content.
As I said earlier, our pageviews have consistently risen since we started this project back in March. Below are three images depicting this “meteoric” rise over the past couple of months.
So, like I said – we really appreciate you taking time out of your day to come and read what we’ve been spouting, or oogle what we’ve been googling. The whole point of this magazine was to give guys, sitting in cubicles, a way out of the boring insanity they have to go through every day. Along the way, we’ve found that a lot of women need this release too. Stay tuned for a possible offshoot website for women.
If you would like a sneak peek at the new design you can see it on our facebook page. By “liking” our page you’ll get a few updates about our progress over the next three weeks and you’ll be the first to know when we’re back up and running.
We’ll also be posting updates to our twitter account.
Also we want to strive to make you guys a part of this. It’s seriously a lot of fun to trawl the Internet and then show your friends all the good stuff. Let’s be honest, you’re probably doing it anyways.
If you have any of the following, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cool story
- An awesome idea for an article
- A friend who has done something awesome (like started a successful social network, or drove a ship off the coast of Libya)
- Hump Day Hottie photos or just suggestions for women that could fit that category (they don’t have to be celebrities)
- Hilarious photos and videos for Friday Hilarity
- Epic, desktop-background-worthy photos that you either took yourself or found online
Finally, do us a favour. We love the fact that you guys love what we’re doing – so why not spread that love? If you’re really liking what we’re doing then do us a favour and tell your friends. You can facebook, tweet, or email any of our articles by just scrolling down a little further and clicking on one of those tiny buttons. Let’s get the hype going for when we come back online three weeks from now.
Easy, peasy, beautiful breezy … (colour girl?)
We’ll see you in three weeks suckazzzzz!
The Bullpen Editor